Copyright Claims and Infringement Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), Figure Technologies, Inc., its subsidiaries, including Figure Lending LLC (dba Figure) and Figure Payments Corporation (dba Figure Pay), and its affiliates (collectively referred to as Figure Technologies”), will expeditiously respond to claims of copyright infringement on this site if submitted to the Copyright Agent in the manner described below. Figure Technologies will also terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers.
Respecting Intellectual Property
i. To notify Figure Technologies that there has been a copyright violation, please follow the specific instructions in (A) for filing a copyright complaint.
ii. If you are responding to a complaint of infringement, you will need to follow our Counter Notification policy in (B).
A. Copyright Claims
i. If you, as the “Complaining Party,” would like to submit a copyright claim for material on which you hold a bona fide copyright, Figure Technologies requests that the Complaining Party substantiate such claim by either: (1) emailing the required information set forth below to firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a new window. with the words “Copyright Claim” in the subject line; or (2) mailing the required information set forth below to the designated Copyright Agent identified in (D) of this policy.
To be considered valid, a notification of claimed copyright infringement must include the following information:
- An electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner), of the exclusive copyright that has allegedly been infringed upon.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed upon, or, if multiple copyright works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Figure Technologies to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Figure Technologies to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the Complaining Party may be contacted.
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is the owner, or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that has been allegedly infringed upon.
ii. For Copyright Claims, upon receipt of appropriate notification from the Complaining Party, pursuant to Section (A)(i) of Copyright Claims above, Figure Technologies will initiate an investigation and, as applicable, will forward the Complaining Party’s written notification to the alleged infringer. Figure Technologies may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material from the site. While Figure Technologies is investigating the claim, Figure Technologies, at its sole discretion and without any legal obligation to do so, may notify the alleged infringer it will temporarily remove or deny access to the allegedly infringing material.
B. Counter Notification Policy
i. Counter Notification. If you have received a notice of copyright infringement that you wish to challenge based on a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, you may provide Counter Notification by emailing email@example.com Opens a new window. and including the following:
- An electronic signature of the alleged infringer.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which has access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Infringer consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district of California, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside the United States, for any judicial district which Figure Technologies may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process front he Complaining Party or an agent of such Party.
ii. Upon receipt of a Counter Notification as described in Section B(i) above, Figure Technologies will promptly provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification, and inform such Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten (10) business days. Figure Technologies will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it in not less than ten (10), nor more than fourteen (14), business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, unless Figure Technologies first receives notice from the Complaining Party that such Complaining Party has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Figure Technologies’ system or network.
C. Repeat Infringers
It is Figure Technologies’ policy to provide for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of Figure Technologies customers and account holders who repeatedly violate this policy or are repeat infringers of copyrighted works or any other intellectual property.
D. Copyright Agent
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c), Figure Technologies’ (Figure Pay and Figure Lending) designated Copyright Agent is:
Copyright Agent c/o Legal Department 650 California St., Suite 2700 San Francisco, CA 94108 628-236-5820 firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a new window.